With Apple revamping the iOS development cycle to focus more on quality control and reliability issues we examine the differences between Apple’s and Google’s approach to OS development. Plus the number of younger Facebook appears to be dropping and Uber is making six-hour breaks mandatory for drivers who’ve driven 12 hours straight.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Veronica Belmont.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:05) How a Low-Level Apple Employee Leaked Some of the iPhone’s Most Sensitive Code | motherboard
- (01:30) Google’s AI chips are now open for public use | venturebeat
- (01:40) AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics will redefine desktop PCs | zd net
- More Top Stories
- (02:35) Facebook lost around 2.8 million U.S. users under 25 last year | recode
- (06:35) Uber will require drivers in the US to take six-hour breaks between long shifts | the verge
- (10:25) Apple, LG invest $10M in OLED microdisplay maker eMagin | cnet
- (12:30) Exclusive: Amazon paid $90 million for camera maker’s chip technology – sources | reuters
- Discussion Story: (15:45) Mobile OS Development
- Thing of the Day:
- (23:05) Amateur Traveler
- Message of the Day
- (25:15) Jeff – AMOLED burn-in
- Today’s Contributor