As countries like Sweden push for cashless payments it seems the future of currency is electronic payments but is this a necessarily a good thing? Plus Facebook CEO Zuckerberg gets a grilling on Capital Hill and the W3C and FIDO Alliance announce WebAuthn, a password-free open standard supported by the latest version of Firefox.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Patrick Beja.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:50) LG’s flagship G7 will launch in May | engadget
- (01:35) Google Home and Home Mini are now available in India | the verge
- (02:05)Bots in the Twittersphere | pew research center
- (02:45) Walmart taps Postmates for grocery delivery service
- More Top Stories
- (03:20) Update: Facebook rolls out $40K user data abuse bounty ahead of Zuckerberg’s Congressional testimony | tech crunch
- (06:05) Chrome and Firefox will support a new standard for password-free logins | the verge
- (07:45) First look at Instagram Nametags, its clone of Snapchat QR codes | tech crunch
- (09:30) Westworld trolls Reddit with spoiler video | bbc
- (11:55) Google launches an improved speech-to-text service for developers | tech crunch
- Discussion Story (14:55)
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (27:15) David – Piling on Facebook
- Today’s Contributor