Microsoft announces new features for Windows that’ll roll out by the end of the year, Walmart is buying Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart, Valve says Steamlink will arrive for iOS and Android May 21st, and EA goes all in on Loot-boxes despite legal rulings against the practice in Europe.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:05) Apple cracking down on applications that send location data to third-parties | 9to5 mac
- (01:40) Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, Linux, BSD: All hit by same ‘serious’ security flaw | zd net
- (02:35) Critical Windows bug fixed today is actively being exploited to hack users | ars technica
- (03:10) ZTE is on life support after US ban | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (03:35) Microsoft’s Windows 10 ‘Redstone 5’ build introduces cloud clipboard | zd net
- (06:45) Walmart agrees to a $16 billion deal to buy a majority stake in India’s Flipkart | cnbc
- (09:50) Google developing Lookout app to aid the visually impaired | cnet
- (13:15) Valve’s free Steam Link app will make your entire Steam library playable on iOS and Android devices | ign
- (17:35) EA CEO: We’re ‘pushing forward’ with loot boxes despite regulation | venture beat
- (23:05) JetBlue will deliver N.Y.C. pizzas to L.A. for $15 or less | fast company
- jetBlue Pie in the Sky | jetblue
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (25:15) Robert – Please, Alexa
- Today’s Contributors