What’s the state of diversity in tech and are the steps used to help improve the situation working? Plus YouTube announces new revenue options for creators and US Supreme Court rules that privacy in the digital age includes cellphone data held by 3rd parties.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Megan Rose Dickey, Roger Chang and Len Peralta.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:55) Sinemia preempts MoviePass with family-plan subscriptions from $9 per month | cnet
- (01:10) Twitter ‘smytes’ customers | tech crunch
- (01:35) Pocket Casts opens beta testing to all users | android police
- More Top Stories
- (02:00) Uber car’s ‘safety’ driver streamed TV show before fatal crash: police | reuters
- (06:30) YouTube introduces channel memberships, merchandise and premieres | tech crunch
- (09:50) Supreme Court decides against warrantless location searches in a major privacy decision | the verge
- (11:40) Facebook expands its Messenger Kids app beyond the U.S. to Canada and Peru | venture beat
- (14:25) Pay-as-you-go solar energy for Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland | iafrikan
- Discussion Story (15:55)
- Thing of the Day
- (24:25) Tech In Travel Minute
- Messages of the Day
- (26:35) Geoff – sales tax
- Today’s Contributor