The president of the International Olympic Committee has told the AP “We cannot have in the Olympic program a game which is promoting violence or discrimination… They, from our point of view, are contradictory to the Olympic values and cannot therefore be accepted.” Meanwhile eSports tournaments will be held at the 2018 Asian Games. Can eSports find legitimacy among traditional sporting competitions?
Starring Tom Merritt, Jenn Cutter and Roger Chang.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:00) IDC: Wearables grew 5.5% in Q2 2018, Apple leads Xiaomi as Fitbit falls | venturebeat
- (01:35) Samsung is set to unveil a foldable smartphone this year | cnbc
- (01:55) Amazon launches a Hindi site to lure India’s next 100 million online shoppers | the next web
- (02:20) Microsoft Starts Testing New Outlook for Windows Experience | thurrott
- More Top Stories
- (02:40) Google’s new Chrome design launches with rounded tabs, new mobile layout, and updated password manager | the verge
- (05:00) Netflix and Amazon will have to make more European content by law | engadget
- (07:45) US and intelligence allies take aim at tech companies over encryption | cnet
- (09:55) Microsoft is finally going to make the Skype UI good for the things people use | ars technica
- (12:10) Physical Retail Isn’t Dead For Those That Evolve | pymnts
- Discussion Story (16:30)
- Bach: No Olympic future for esports until ‘violence’ removed | associated press
- eSports at the 2018 Asian Games | wikipedia
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (26:10) Kevin – 4K and 8K content production
- Today’s Contributor